Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Big Announcements

It's been a busy few weeks around the Huelsebusch household lately.  Not only are we coming up on the end of the school year, but I am adjusting to my new job and we made the decision to allow Ashlie to go to TAMS for the next two years.


For Ashlie--this was just too huge of an opportunity to not let her go.  It will be such an awesome experience for her.  Yes she will more than likely be exposed to some things that she has been sheltered from these last 11 years in a Catholic school.  But at some point-it will happen. Sooner than I thought but I think she will handle it just fine.  She has such a strong faith and I know this will be a huge asset to her as she enters this new adventure in her life.  I also recently found out that a former SJCS teacher's parents live in Denton and they have offered any assistance to Ashlie that she will need.  The also said they will introduce her to the youth minister at the Catholic church.  I learned this probably a day or so before we had to send in the papers for Ashlie and I must say I felt like it was a sign from God--letting us know that she will have someone a bit closer to watch over her as well.
So--come August--we will be one less child as well as losing my driver.  I know I wasn't so keen on it in the beginning but it did not take long getting used to her being able to either take herself or her siblings places on her own or running errands for me.


I am adjusting to my new job quite well.  It is a totally different environment at HSC compared to the RF.  The main thing is way the building is laid out.  We have our own suite of offices and I am in an office by myself with the exception of a student that comes in two or three times a week.  And the second thing is the noise.  There just isn't any in our suite.  There aren't phones ringing or people walking around and stopping and talking.  It is probably the easiest adjustment for me.  After Alan died--for some reason (even though I hear it is quite normal) noises bother me now.  And it's not necessarily loud noises---just any type of noise.  So I really do appreciate this aspect of my new environment.  
The work is quite different as well.  It is really neat to be on the other side of the research.  I have learned so much in the past week and a half.  A lot has been about the type of research Dr. Sharkey and his team is involved in.  And it is quite interesting.  


So in our family--yes it has been busy--but it's also been fun and interesting.  
Wishing everyone a peaceful week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment