Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ashlie's big announcement

Ashlie applied to the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Sciences (TAMS) several months ago.  I thought she would apply and just receive a letter--thanks for applying but you do not meet our qualifications.  Well to my surprise--Ashlie got an invitation to interview day.  Don went with her and again I thought, well she's just going to go and they will say thanks for coming but you do not meet our qualifications.  


This mother is eating her words.  Ashlie was ACCEPTED to attend this outstanding high school. 


TAMS is a where a student attends for their junior and senior year of  high school at the University of North Texas in Denton.  The students take college courses and once they graduate from TAMS they earn at least 57 hours of college credit.


Ashlie is really excited about going but Don and I have not said yes for sure.  We have two weeks to discuss this outstanding opportunity and the pros and cons.  She would move to Denton for the next two years and live in a dorm on campus.


I do realize this is an excellent opportunity for her and do not wish to hold her back.  But at the same time, I really don't want her to leave home this soon.  I know the time will come eventually but I just didn't realize it could come this soon.


So as we go through the next two weeks, please ask God to give us the guidance we need in making the decision that is best for everyone involved.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment