Saturday, March 30, 2013

Just another day-Easter

This Sunday will be our 7th Easter without Alan.  For a lot of people, Easter is a special and religious holiday but for me it's just another day.  We have always gone to Don's mother's for Easter....they have the whole nine yards.....delicious meal, plastic eggs for the little kids, and confetti eggs for the "big" kids.

Easter was the first "holiday" I experienced after the loss of Alan.  I can remember that first Easter after he died like it was yesterday.  I was miserable and I really didn't want to celebrate anything but I did have the girls to think of so we went.  The entire family was at my mother-in-law's and I certainly didn't get the reaction I expected.  They were carrying on like their normal selves and here I was without my son and wondering how in the heck could they be acting like nothing happened.  Well in these 7 years since, I have learned they still had their normal lives and it obviously didn't evolve around me!  Gee what a surprise!  lol
I had the privilege of  having a "new" normal that I was getting used to and am still adjusting to today.

A few weeks ago, I was able to request Alan's name be written in the sand on the coast of South Carolina.  Yesterday I received the picture of his name.  It was just what I needed at this time of year!

So even though he's not here with us....he is always, always, always in our hearts.  And we will meet again.
So as I close tonight and get ready for all the activities tomorrow, I wish each of you a very blessed Easter day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment